Spring has sprung and so has this month’s update! We’ve got even more updates coming, but here’s a look at what we have released this week
Custom offline payment types
You can now specify offline payment types in Troly. Visit the Offline Payments add-on to start creating.
Once a single payment is recorded against this offline payment type, it cannot be removed. At present, the POS and Troly WordPress plugin do not support these new custom types.
New Email Template – Shipment In Transit
Send emails to your customers when a shipment is currently in transit with the carrier.
New Email Template – Out for Delivery
Send emails to your customers when a shipment has reached the final stage of delivery – being on board with the driver.
Better status filters and shipping information
We’ve made some tweaks to the layout of the status filter dropdown on the Operations section of the platform. For shipments, you can now check the following statuses:
|Waiting to be collected||The shipment has 1 or more parcels that the customer needs to pick up|
|In-transit||The shipment is moving through the carrier’s systems|
|Out for delivery||Troly has been advised that the shipment is now on-board with the driver for delivery|
|Redirected||The carrier was required to send the parcel elsewhere – by customer or carrier direction|
|Delivered||The shipment is now with the customer|
We’ve also added two new status filters to help flag those shipments that have not moved or received any updates
|Shipments not Delivered||Display shipments not yet marked by the carrier as “delivered”|
|Shipments not Updated||Display shipments that have been dispatched, not marked delivered for more than 5 calendar days.|
Finally, we now show the Dispatched At dates and times for shipments so you can know the precise date you, or another staff member, dispatched a shipment.
Reconciliations and Bank Transfers
If you use our Troly Group Payment gateway, it has always been that you may receive two transfers for a single day.
From today, Troly will reconcile just after midnight, in your local timezone, and now show a single bank transfer for a given day. This means we can ensure that late-night payments are accounted for and your bank reconciliations will have one transfer amount to verify.
Thanks to everyone who has provided us feedback on this topic!
The “Pickup” option on the Tasting Experience confirmation page now reads “Click and collect” with address details for your customers to pickup.
The “Customer Bounced SMS” template now saves correctly
We’ve released a few updates this month for you, to improve your Troly experience.
- Customer Import and Export now supports the following fields:
- Date of Birth (DOB)
- Membership hold date
- Custom tags
- “Subscribed to Newsletter” status
- Activity Summary email can now send “Daily Takings”
- This table comes from the End of Period report
- Shipping errors are now returned and shown from the carrier.
- These will appear as a “Shipping error” on the Order edit page
- Stripe will now use the latest version of the API
Membership numbers have now been fixed to correctly increment. If you had duplicate membership numbers, we’ve already fixed this data for you.
As a refresh, here are just some of the supported membership numbers Troly now allows:
|Old Value||New Value|
If you use your membership number field to link to an external system, Troly will increment the right-most set of numbers (must be at least 2 digits present).
We’ve improved Troly for you this week, bringing many improvements to the platform.
- Send SMS to a warehouse, sales, or admin staff when orders have been packed in Troly
- Review the template to make sure it works for your company
- Turn on SMS messages in the Activity Summary add-on
- For non-admin users, you can enable them as a “warehouse” staff member to let them get notices about orders needing packing without giving them access to Troly. Send a message to the team to enable this for specific staff members
- Added “First delivery date” to the New Member email template
- Ability to filter by packed and labeled pick-up orders: Once an order has been packed or labeled, we will show this in the Pick-ups list.
- Rich-formatting for product description or tasting note fields has been turned off to avoid issues with labels not generating correctly or your website showing incorrect formatting.
- Product tags can now be enabled to show on the Tasting Experience
- “New Order” and “New Shipment” Activity Feed items will now show who created the order/shipment
ordercontent in email templates to clarify what Troly will put in said emails
- When adding a new customer, if the email exists already, we will show an alert to let you know
- The Birthday SMS field not allowing some personalization fields. Adding all fields from the drop-down will now work as expected
What an incredible 6 months at Troly! We’ve received lots of feedback since relaunching our revamped Ideas Centre. If you haven’t been there, then be sure to take a look!
For those of you that have been looking for our monthly updates, we’ve got a new process in place and you should start to see these posts appear at least once a month, and as fast as once a fortnight!
- New email templates
– Successful payment emails now allow you to send an email when an order has been paid for
– Attach tax invoice configurable
– You can now choose the “Successful Payment” or “Order Complete/Shipment Dispatched” template to attach a tax invoice
– POS Successful Payment templates
– You now have the ability to customize the email sent when a payment is processed on the POS
– You can also attach a tax invoice to that email or the “Order Complete” email if required
- Archive Customers – To meet the requirement that you need to stop all communications with a customer, you now have the option to “Archive Customer”
- Multiple Delivery Centres
– When shipping from a warehouse location, you can add this as a location and have your shipping fees cost accordingly
– For clubs, you can set the preferred delivery center for orders created as part of that club run
– For customers, you can set a preferred delivery center to always use the option closer to the customer’s shipping address
- Bulk Order templates – Under “Bulk Orders” in Settings > Communications, you now have the ability to set a different template for one-off and club run orders
- New URL for your store! – For your Tasting Experience and Wine Show, we now user “store.troly.io”
- Wedding Anniversary – You can now save a customer’s wedding anniversary date on their profile, and there is a new email template called “Wedding Anniversary” that you can customize.
- Joint Memberships – If a member has a partner they wish to include on all communications from Troly, they can add them as a “Joint Member”. You can find this under the “Account Details” area of the customer’s profile.
- On customer profile pages, we now show their reward points
- Bank disclaimers from the Standard or Advanced payments add-on now have a larger font size
- Added additional caching for our shipping quote API
- WordPress users will see improved response times when costing shipments
- Incorrect product quantities on Tasting Experience checkout
- Carriers appearing in markets they are not available in
- Multiple login issues, including longer-than-expected wait times
- Order toggling not repaying orders
- We now will repay for the order when you toggle between shipment to pick up and vice versa
- Pick-up label PDFs including labels for shipments
- Tasting experience add-on not saving correctly under some circumstances
- The shipment date for one-off shipments use the day the order was created
- Troly now uses the day it is dispatched in email communications
- Membership statistics not showing – We’ve reworked the pipeline and these stats will now update as members sign up, suspend, renew or leave your club