Troly allows you to configure as many shipping carriers as you like. A minimum of one carrier is required. However, there are many advantages to using more than one, most notably better rates. They are divided into four categories:
- Troly's own shipping accounts: Australia Post, Fastway, and GSO.
- Your own pre-negotiated agreement account: Australia Post, Fastway, Courier Please, FedEx, UPS.
- Your pre-paid account: you purchase shipping “barcodes” from the carrier.
- Manual/local deliveries or third party local courier: Manual Shipment.
For many carriers, we've negotiated a nationwide agreement for you to benefit immediately. However, with some carriers, you may use your own prepaid labels or existing commercial account.
Benefits for configuring a carrier
The connection to a shipping carrier will enable:
- Seamless calculation of shipping fees incurred (Note: these can also be passed onto your customers if needed. See Carton size and Shipping Fees)
- Automated generation of a packing summary, and picking and packing slip in two formats (.CSV and .PDF file).
- Shipping carrier approved labels including customized delivery instructions and, in some cases, tracking barcodes (Note: if you use more than one carrier, different label formats will be generated).
- Manifests generation and submission (in some cases) as well as pickup request notifications (emails/SMS).
DID YOU KNOW?
You can get the best shipping rates by enabling several carriers. Troly will always pick the cheapest one for you.