Once, you've executed the initial troubleshooting steps, we invite you to review the list of common issues in case you can find the solution to your problem.
If the common scenarios are of no avail, we need you to provide specific details about your issue so we can assist you efficiently.
Initial Troubleshooting Steps
If the POS app seems not working as expected as login, placing orders, adding a customer, not processing a credit card, start by trying the following troubleshooting steps:
- Logout of the POS app and log back in.
- Restart the device(s) you're using to clear the memory and ensure Troly has enough memory to run normally. Please wait until the device has fully powered down before you turn it on again.
- Test on different devices/operating systems to see if you experience the same issue everywhere.
- Check that your device operating system is updated to its latest version.
- Log in with different credentials and try with a wrong password to see if there’s a communication with the server (based on the message returned).
- Uninstall and reinstall the app (iOS, Android).
Check for pending updates
From the App Store icon → tap Updates (bottom right corner of the screen) → tap Update All (top of the screen) → enter your password and wait for your app to update.
From the Google Play Store icon → tap on Main Menu (three lines of the top left corner) → tap My apps & games in the Updates tab, scroll down to find Troly app → click on Update and Accept.
Clear app cache
To see if it improves the performance of the application.
Go to Settings → Select Troly → Scroll to bottom of page, choose Clear History and Website Data → Confirm the action
Go to Settings → Find Apps/Applications in your menu → Application Manager → tap on Troly → tap on Clear cache and app.
Test under different mobile/connectivity network:
- Turn Wi-Fi on and off
- Try different Access Point Names
- iOS: Settings → Mobile Data → Mobile Data Options → Mobile Data Network
- Android: Settings → Mobile Network → Access Point Names
Credit card issue
For credit cards: test with different credit cards to see if the issue is coming from one card in particular or not.
Common Problems and Suggested Solutions
Authentication Won't Complete
You may be using an old version of the app (early 2017) prior to the rebrand from Subscribility into Troly.
Duplicate receipt sent to a customer
Troly does automatically send an invoice to your customers based on your communication settings in Troly (the "Order Has Been Shipped" and the "Thank You For Your Order" templates automatically attach an invoice to the email). The "Send receipt" email and SMS is a separate option available in the POS.
- Confirm if the shipping fees corresponding to the shipping region are set in the Shipping configuration add-on
- Delete the shipping region in the Shipping configuration add-on and add it again
- Create the order with the same shipping details inside the webapp (in Troly) and check if there is an error coming from the webapp as well
- Create the shipment again in the POS
- Double-check the carton size in the order itself, try and change it
Before you contact us...
In order for us to assist you efficiently or escalate your issue to our Investigation Team, we need to receive the relevant details pertaining to your issue so we can act accordingly.
When you contact us after trying the initial troubleshooting steps, please provide the following details:
- Clear and detailed description of the problem:
- what are you trying to do?
- when does it occur?
- Any error message received
- Your device' information (device type, name, operating system, and version):
- iOS: Settings → General → About
- Android: Settings → About Phone
- The troubleshooting steps:
- Were you successful with any of the troubleshooting instructions provided above?
- When were the orders processed in the POS?
- Are the orders registered in your Troly webapp?
- Screenshot(s) of the problem
Login issues/Connection Problems
- Confirm if you can access https://app.troly.io on your tablet or phone device
- Provide your usernames and email address used for login in the app
- Type of connection used by devices (WiFi, or 4G, or both)
- Provide your IP address → browse from your device/tablet to https://whatismyipaddress.com/ to quickly find out.
- Provide your speed → browse from your device/tablet to http://beta.speedtest.net/ → click the Go button → click the link icon under "Share" → copy the first link to your email.
- Confirm that your device(s) run the app latest version → you can access via troly.link/android-pos and troly.link/apple-pos
Once we have the required information, we will do our best to assist you.