When processing your orders, you may encounter issues at specific stages of the process, receive error messages or be refrained from performing some actions due to incorrect settings.
We've included some troubleshooting steps for the most common issues that you can try yourself before contacting us in case it solves your problem straight away.
You may also find a solution in the common scenarios section as you are most likely facing a problem that other users already experienced.
If it's not the case, please send us the information suggested in Before you contact support section to ensure that we have all the details required to assist you efficiently.
Initial Troubleshooting Steps
Progress Bar Not Moving, Web Browser Not responding and information not showing or saving
- Log out and login again, then try to complete the same operation.
- Test if you experience the same problem in a private 'incognito' browser session when completing the same steps.
- From the Tasting Experience, when updating an order and confirming it, it sometimes takes up to 15 seconds for the order to finish processing. If a customer leaves the page before it is finished or reloads, it could cause the system to not properly save the order.
- There are also rare occurrences in the system where poor network conditions prevent an action from processing correctly.
- There may be cases where our server response time is slower than usual, but this is the exception and not the norm. We are always evaluating our system needs and our customer's expectations to provide excellent service, but please do let us know if a page keeps loading for more than 60 seconds.
Wrong Customers Details
- If you notice that the customer details are wrong and you need to update them before processing an order, please remove the customers details and re-enter them again.
- Please note that you can edit an order only if it hasn't been paid yet.
Cancel and Refund Issues
- You cannot cancel an order without refunding it first. For more specific information, please take a look at the Payments Troubleshooting and Refund and Cancel Orders articles.
- If you're trying to refund an order that hasn't been paid for yet, your only option will be to cancel the order.
- If the order has simply been pre-authorised, you need to cancel the pre-authorisation first.
- If you are using Woocommerce and WordPress, please read here.
- Please see our Troubleshooting Shipping Issues article where you may find the solution you need to fix your shipping issue.
- Please visit our System Error Messages and Solutions article. You will find several screenshots of common error messages displayed in Troly. For each error message, we guide you towards the corresponding resolution steps.
Common Problems and Suggested Solutions
Shipping related issues
Carrier Add-On not installed
Go back to the Add-ons page and ensure that the configuration of the shipping carrier is completed. Go to your Business Settings and update your 'Preferred Shipping Carrier' in the Order Management section. Re-Select the Shipping Carrier in your order.
Customer changes their delivery address after the order is marked as dispatched
- You may choose to cancel (refund) the order and then generate a new one. Please note that shipping carriers are not notified that an order has been canceled in Troly so you'll need to get in touch with them. Otherwise, you may be charged for the freight of this order.
- You may choose to cancel (refund) the order and then generate a new one with the new delivery address. Note that if you refund an order, it will take 3 to 5 business days for your customer to receive her refund.
- You may also create a new order without refunding the first one. Create the shipment again with the new address, and add a discount to reduce the value of the order to zero. That way, you'll be able to ship the order to the new address using your preferred carrier, and your customer won't be charged again.
- Your last option to consider is to simply ship the order "offline" (this new shipment won't be recorded in Troly).
No Shipping Fees Matches the Delivery Address Provided
- From the order page, try to change the shipping option to another carrier (or method) and switch it back to your original choice. This should help the system recalculate the shipping fees on the order.
- Check your shipping configuration Add On page and make sure that the delivery address matches the settings you've entered. See our Configuring Shipping Configuration Add-on article for more information.
Order management related issues
Stock Location is wrong
You may need to review your stock settings. For more information, please go through our Configuring Stock Control Add-on article.
Unable to, Pay, Delay, Cancel, Refund, Complete an Order
If you're unable to complete an action on an order, first try to log out and log in again, and try again.
Then, try to perform the same action in a private browser.
If you still experience the same issue in incognito mode, contact us with the order number, the troubleshooting steps performed and any relevant details regarding your issue.
Missing customer's order (looking for a draft order)
From the Operation page, search for your customer's name. If your customer is meant to collect their order at the cellar door, check the Pick Ups section. If you're planning to ship this order to your customer's address, look into the Shipments section. From there, start typing the name in the search bar.From your customer's profile page in Troly, go to the Activity tab. In here, check the Feed section and look at the different updates that were made on this customer account.
Payment related issues
Credit Card Payment Declined
The credit card details must not expire in the same month and year for a payment to be approved. For more information about declined payments, please see our Understanding Single and Bulk Payments article for more details.
Customer's Credit Card Charged Twice
If a customer reports that their credit card was charged more than once for the same order, the first step is to review their Customer Profile → Activity Stream and see if only one order was processed or if more than one invoice was generated.
In the unlikely event that the order was processed once and charged twice to the credit card, send us a screenshot of the customer's activity stream showing the order in question.
Order automatically refunded by Troly, why?
Putting a membership on hold will cancel any remaining orders created as part of the associated membership. If the orders are already paid for (but not yet dispatched in Troly), canceling the orders will automatically refund your customer (Member).
You may consider putting an order on hold (delay) instead, which will simply postpone it.
The Company Name in the Delivery Address doesn't Show on the Tax Invoice
As the platform is focused on direct sales, there is a company name as shipping details to ensure we have some information as to where to bring the wine. However pickups for instance are done by an individual, not a company, and so the invoice is always made to the individual.
Notification related issues
Order Notifications (Activity Summary) not Received
You need to ensure that the:
- Activity Summary add-on is configured
- spam filter allows notifications
- the correct email address and phone number (for SMS) are registered in your Company Details.
Customer not receiving email or sms notifications
In Troly, if you're looking for a customer's bounced emails or SMS report, you can visit the customer's Activity Feed page and filter the entries by "Emails sent or Received". Here, you'll be able to detect any bounced emails or SMS, as an error message will appear in the recorded entry if the issue occurred.
If an error is detected, you'll see this in the list of entries:
Your next step is to verify that your customer's email address needs an update (you can call the customer if you have their phone number). The issue may also come from their own Inbox (ie. their Inbox is full).
Before you contact Support
In order for us to assist you efficiently or escalate your issue to our Investigations Team, we need to receive the relevant details pertaining to your issue so we can act accordingly.
When you contact us after trying the initial troubleshooting steps, please provide the following details:
- the order number
- the customer full name and email address
- a screenshot of the error message
- the shipping add-on used in your account
- a screenshot of your customer's activity feed