Once you've executed the initial verification, we recommend you review the below list of common issues to help you seek a solution to your problem.
If the common scenarios are of no avail, please contact us with the specific details about your issue so we can assist you efficiently.
Initial Troubleshooting Steps
If a customer isn't correctly set up in Troly, or if a customer reports any log in issues, try the following troubleshooting steps:
- Go to the Customers page in Troly and start typing your customer's name in the search bar. The issue may be that more than one profile was created for a specific customer.
- If you're using an EDM Add-On, please refer to this article.
- If your customer has login issues, ask your customer to use https://store.troly.io/taste/[yourcompanyname] to try and log in their customer account. There is a Trouble signing in link that will prompt them to recover their password.
Refunds, Invoices, Updates, etc.
- Check the customer's Recent Activity section. All the events associated with this customer are recorded in there.
Common Problems and Suggested solutions
Single customer issues
Address not saving or incomplete
When typing the mailing address in the Delivery, suburb, postcode, state and country field on the customer profile, the system automatically validates it by suggesting the right format via a drop-down menu. Type a few letters, wait for the correct address to appear in the drop-down, select it and wait until it's saved.
The Delivery, Street Number and Name is to include only the unit number, door and street address.
Customer not receiving any order notification emails
- Confirm the customer has only one profile.
- Check if their email address is valid. To do so, visit the customer's Recent Activity and filter the entries by Communications. This shows any bounced email with the following error message:
- Call the customer to verify that their email address needs an update, that their inbox isn't full and that nothing else is harming them from receiving your emails.
- Once you confirm the email address is valid, click the Resend email option from the vertical ellipsis next to the activity stream.
Customer's name or email address not updating in Troly
You keep changing the information in Troly but the information keeps reverting back to the old ones?
Bear in mind that, if you've connected Troly with MailChimp for example, anytime you create a new customer or update existing customers details in Troly, it’ll be pushed immediately to your MailChimp list. In return, the updates made in MailChimp are synchronized daily and are reflected in your Troly account (this may take up to 24 hours for the changes to be complete).
Duplicate customer profiles created in Troly
This may happen if you're using an EDM Add-on (such as MailChimp): Troly will attempt to match your EDM contact to a Troly customer based on the email address.
Email Address Case Sensitivity: when synchronizing with an EDM, Troly will see two different records between "firstname.lastname@example.org" and "Customer@example.com". Make sure to review the email address in your EDM and in Troly. Please see our dedicated Troubleshooting EDM issues article for further details.
Customers already registered in Troly but fail to log in to their customer profile page
When members are already registered but do not have a password yet, we recommend that they click the Trouble signing in link that appears below the Sign-in button. Members can then reset their password from the automated email received in their inbox. In their email provider inbox, they'll receive a link to reset their password:
By clicking the Change my password link, they can then type any password of their choice (they don't need their old password):
This will allow them to log into their account.
Customer's profile picture
Regarding the profile picture, your customer may have saved this picture in a 'Gravatar' account. The picture would be in this case linked to the email address they use to log in their account. Customers are able to log in their customer's account with Facebook, Twitter or Instagram so the picture may also be coming from one of these accounts.
Before you contact us...
In order for us to assist you most efficiently and escalate your issue to our Investigation Team should need to arise, it's crucial we receive all vital details concerning your issue.
When you contact us after reviewing the common problems and suggested solutions, please provide the following details (as applicable):
- order number
- error message
- screenshot of the issue
- customer name or email address